Welcome to 2019
As I write this, we are a few days from breaking into 2019, and I am feeling a lot of excitement for what this new year will bring. To be honest, I am not the type of person that believes that every new year is going to be better than the last, life has taught me otherwise. But with that said, I am super pumped about 2019 because from my seat on the bus, LINC has once again begun to stretch towards its potential like it did in its early days, and that can only mean that this next year will be more exciting, more challenging and, I believe, better than the last.
In the last paragraph, I used the word ‘stretch’ specifically because stretching is what it will take for us to go from where we presently are to where our potential demands we go. I don’t know about you, but I love to stretch… living status quo is just so dissatisfying. Read the following quotes out loud to yourself.
“If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.”
“If you won’t be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?”
Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav
Here are just some of the reasons that I believe LINC is postured and that “stretching even more in 2019” will catapult us to reaching our potential:
- We have a founding leader recharged and actively raising up the local church.
- We have a director that is passionate, has a plan, and is engaged daily in executing the plan.
- We have a leadership team whose motive and purpose is to “build leaders to build churches.’’
- We have some great model churches.
- We have experienced mentor pastors.
- We have financial buy-in from many which will enable us to do bigger and better things together.
- We are planting churches.
- We are helping established churches renew themselves.
- AND WE HAVE YOU!!!
These are just a few things I see that lead me to know that the only thing standing between where we are and where we can be at year-end 2019 is our ability to ‘stretch’ ourselves like never before.
Welcome to 2019!!